Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.44 meters/second, 1610.8 kilometres/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.7"||1000.81 mi||West||0° 11' 43.8"||13.43 mi||North||1001.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 57.3"||810.72 mi||East||4° 42' 22.4"||323.36 mi||North||874.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 11:20 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 10:50 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:50 AM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:50 AM||2632 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 12:50 PM||2708 km||1683 miles||1462 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:50 AM||3173 km||1972 miles||1713 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 10:50 AM||3236 km||2011 miles||1748 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Mon 10:50 AM||3342 km||2076 miles||1804 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:50 AM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:50 AM||3753 km||2332 miles||2027 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.