Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.49 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||1000.92 mi||West||0° 11' 44.1"||13.44 mi||North||1001.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 39.5"||810.46 mi||East||4° 42' 21.7"||323.34 mi||North||873.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:14 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sun 11:14 AM||1507 km||936 miles||814 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:14 AM||2253 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:14 AM||2548 km||1583 miles||1376 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 11:14 AM||2751 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:14 AM||2841 km||1766 miles||1534 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sun 11:14 AM||2962 km||1841 miles||1599 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 1:14 PM||3078 km||1912 miles||1662 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:14 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:14 AM||3432 km||2133 miles||1853 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.