Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.49 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.6"||1000.92 mi||west||0° 11' 44.1"||13.44 mi||north||1001.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 38.7"||810.45 mi||east||4° 42' 21.6"||323.34 mi||north||873.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:14 AM||1121 km||697 miles||605 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sun 11:14 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:14 AM||2238 km||1391 miles||1208 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:14 AM||2523 km||1568 miles||1362 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 11:14 AM||2724 km||1693 miles||1471 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:14 AM||2818 km||1751 miles||1521 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sun 11:14 AM||2952 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:14 AM||3083 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 1:14 PM||3097 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:14 AM||3408 km||2118 miles||1840 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.