Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 1:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||1002.07 mi||West||0° 11' 46.5"||13.48 mi||North||1002.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 23.8"||807.48 mi||East||4° 41' 55.6"||322.85 mi||North||870.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Mon 11:50 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Mon 10:50 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||W|
|Lae||Mon 11:50 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 11:50 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Mon 10:50 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 11:50 AM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Mon 10:50 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 11:50 AM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||N|
|Darwin||Mon 11:20 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Mon 12:50 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.