Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.04 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.4"||1002.15 mi||West||0° 11' 46.7"||13.49 mi||North||1002.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 07.6"||807.22 mi||East||4° 41' 51.9"||322.77 mi||North||870.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Mon 11:14 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Mon 11:14 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||WNW|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 12:14 PM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||ESE|
|Lae||Mon 12:14 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 12:14 PM||1184 km||736 miles||640 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 11:14 AM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Mon 11:44 AM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||SW|
|Dili||Mon 11:14 AM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Mon 10:14 AM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 12:14 PM||1729 km||1075 miles||934 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.