Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.22 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.4"||1002.64 mi||west||0° 11' 47.2"||13.50 mi||north||1002.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 47.8"||806.02 mi||east||4° 41' 28.8"||322.36 mi||north||868.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Mon 11:14 AM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||N|
|Pangkal Pinang||Mon 11:14 AM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||W|
|Kuching||Mon 12:14 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNE|
|Cirebon||Mon 11:14 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||S|
|Tegal||Mon 11:14 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||S|
|Pekalongan||Mon 11:14 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||S|
|Bekasi||Mon 11:14 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SSW|
|Jakarta||Mon 11:14 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Kudus||Mon 11:14 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SSE|
|Semarang||Mon 11:14 AM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.