Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.80 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||1003.86 mi||west||0° 11' 46.0"||13.47 mi||north||1003.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 02.0"||800.07 mi||east||4° 38' 04.9"||318.44 mi||north||860.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:14 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 12:14 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SE|
|Natal||Mon 11:14 AM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||S|
|Recife||Mon 11:14 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||S|
|Salvador||Mon 11:14 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 11:14 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Mon 11:14 AM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Mon 11:14 AM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||SW|
|Praia||Mon 1:14 PM||2178 km||1354 miles||1176 nm||NE|
|Paramaribo||Mon 11:14 AM||2275 km||1414 miles||1228 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.