Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.80 meters/second, 1615.7 kilometres/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||1003.86 mi||West||0° 11' 46.0"||13.47 mi||North||1003.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 02.6"||800.08 mi||East||4° 38' 05.5"||318.45 mi||North||860.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:14 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||SW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 12:14 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Natal||Mon 11:14 AM||577 km||358 miles||312 nm||S|
|Recife||Mon 11:14 AM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|Salvador||Mon 11:14 AM||1410 km||876 miles||762 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 11:14 AM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Mon 11:14 AM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||WNW|
|Praia||Mon 1:14 PM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||NE|
|Brasilia||Mon 11:14 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 11:14 AM||2304 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.