Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 2:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.82 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||1003.90 mi||West||0° 11' 45.7"||13.47 mi||North||1004.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 44.4"||799.75 mi||East||4° 37' 48.6"||318.13 mi||North||860.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Mon 11:50 AM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||S|
|Belém||Mon 11:50 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:50 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Mon 11:50 AM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Mon 11:50 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Mon 11:50 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Mon 11:50 AM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||SSE|
|Brasilia||Mon 11:50 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Mon 10:50 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Mon 10:50 AM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.