Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.82 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||1003.90 mi||west||0° 11' 45.7"||13.47 mi||north||1004.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 44.4"||799.75 mi||east||4° 37' 48.6"||318.13 mi||north||860.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Mon 11:50 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||S|
|Belém||Mon 11:50 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:50 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Mon 11:50 AM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Mon 11:50 AM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Mon 11:50 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Mon 11:50 AM||1517 km||942 miles||819 nm||SSE|
|Brasilia||Mon 11:50 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Mon 10:50 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Mon 10:50 AM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.