Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.3"||1004.10 mi||west||0° 11' 41.5"||13.39 mi||north||1004.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 53.6"||796.49 mi||east||4° 34' 25.2"||314.28 mi||north||855.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 AM||2649 km||1646 miles||1431 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:00 PM||2884 km||1792 miles||1557 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:00 AM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 AM||3716 km||2309 miles||2006 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:00 PM||3973 km||2468 miles||2145 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 2:00 PM||4034 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Mon 4:00 PM||4052 km||2518 miles||2188 nm||SE|
|San Francisco *||Mon 2:00 PM||4267 km||2651 miles||2304 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Mon 2:00 PM||4281 km||2660 miles||2312 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.