Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 9:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.4"||1004.03 mi||West||0° 11' 41.4"||13.39 mi||North||1004.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 52.4"||796.41 mi||East||4° 34' 23.3"||314.22 mi||North||854.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:04 AM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:04 AM||2601 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:04 PM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:04 AM||3397 km||2111 miles||1834 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:04 AM||3660 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:04 PM||4020 km||2498 miles||2171 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 2:04 PM||4063 km||2525 miles||2194 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Mon 4:04 PM||4102 km||2549 miles||2215 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:04 AM||4205 km||2613 miles||2271 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Mon 2:04 PM||4288 km||2664 miles||2315 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.