Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.4"||1004.10 mi||west||0° 11' 41.4"||13.39 mi||north||1004.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 52.0"||796.45 mi||east||4° 34' 22.6"||314.23 mi||north||855.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:04 AM||2499 km||1553 miles||1350 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:04 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:04 PM||2902 km||1804 miles||1567 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:04 AM||3375 km||2097 miles||1822 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:04 AM||3638 km||2261 miles||1964 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:04 PM||4035 km||2507 miles||2179 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 2:04 PM||4075 km||2532 miles||2200 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Mon 4:04 PM||4121 km||2561 miles||2225 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:04 AM||4180 km||2597 miles||2257 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Mon 2:04 PM||4294 km||2668 miles||2318 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.