Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 kilometres/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||1004.03 mi||West||0° 11' 41.3"||13.38 mi||North||1004.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 48.2"||796.32 mi||East||4° 34' 17.1"||314.10 mi||North||854.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:14 AM||2260 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:14 AM||2446 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:14 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:14 AM||3204 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:14 AM||3470 km||2156 miles||1874 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:14 AM||3948 km||2453 miles||2132 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:14 AM||4155 km||2582 miles||2244 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 2:14 PM||4172 km||2592 miles||2253 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:14 PM||4182 km||2599 miles||2258 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:14 AM||4209 km||2615 miles||2272 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.