Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 9:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.87 meters/second, 1615.9 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.8"||1004.03 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||North||1004.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 44.1"||796.23 mi||East||4° 34' 10.8"||313.98 mi||North||854.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:24 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:24 AM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:24 AM||3022 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:24 PM||3036 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:24 AM||3290 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:24 AM||3693 km||2295 miles||1994 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:24 AM||3913 km||2431 miles||2113 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:24 AM||3988 km||2478 miles||2153 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:24 AM||4120 km||2560 miles||2225 nm||W|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 2:24 PM||4293 km||2668 miles||2318 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.