Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.87 meters/second, 1615.9 kilometres/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.4"||1004.02 mi||West||0° 11' 40.7"||13.37 mi||North||1004.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 33.3"||796.01 mi||East||4° 33' 54.4"||313.67 mi||North||854.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:50 AM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:50 AM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:50 AM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:50 AM||2884 km||1792 miles||1557 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:50 AM||3040 km||1889 miles||1641 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 11:50 AM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:50 PM||3331 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:50 AM||3420 km||2125 miles||1847 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 10:50 AM||3441 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:50 AM||4024 km||2501 miles||2173 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.