Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 11, 2013 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.86 meters/second, 1615.9 kilometres/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||1004.00 mi||West||0° 11' 40.4"||13.37 mi||North||1004.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 23.7"||795.80 mi||East||4° 33' 38.9"||313.38 mi||North||854.01 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:14 PM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 12:14 PM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 12:14 PM||2352 km||1461 miles||1270 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:14 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:14 PM||2614 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Tue 12:14 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:14 AM||2774 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 11:14 AM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:14 AM||3409 km||2118 miles||1841 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:14 AM||3549 km||2205 miles||1916 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.