Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 11, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.84 meters/second, 1615.8 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.1"||1003.94 mi||west||0° 11' 38.8"||13.34 mi||north||1003.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 46.6"||795.01 mi||east||4° 32' 36.5"||312.19 mi||north||852.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 11:48 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 12:48 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:48 PM||1225 km||761 miles||662 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:48 AM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 11:48 AM||1412 km||878 miles||763 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 1:48 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 11:48 AM||1734 km||1078 miles||936 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:48 PM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||E|
|Yaren||Tue 11:48 AM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 11:48 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.