Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 12:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 00:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.81 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.4"||1003.88 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||North||1003.93 mi|
|24 hours||348° 30' 36.6"||794.49 mi||West||4° 31' 53.4"||311.37 mi||North||851.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Tue 12:50 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||E|
|Yaren||Tue 12:50 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||WSW|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 12:50 PM||540 km||335 miles||292 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Tue 12:50 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Mon 12:50 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:50 PM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Tue 11:50 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Tue 11:50 AM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 12:50 PM||2019 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:50 AM||2141 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.