Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 1:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.78 meters/second, 1615.6 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.7"||1003.81 mi||West||0° 11' 36.5"||13.29 mi||North||1003.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 01.4"||794.00 mi||East||4° 31' 10.4"||310.55 mi||North||850.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 12:50 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NNE|
|Kolonia||Tue 12:50 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Weno||Tue 11:50 AM||799 km||497 miles||432 nm||NW|
|Arawa||Tue 11:50 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 1:50 PM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 12:50 PM||1297 km||806 miles||701 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 11:50 AM||1583 km||983 miles||855 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Tue 10:50 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 1:50 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:50 AM||1813 km||1126 miles||979 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.