Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 02:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 02:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.77 meters/second, 1615.6 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.1"||1003.80 mi||west||0° 11' 36.2"||13.29 mi||north||1003.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 57.4"||793.91 mi||east||4° 31' 02.3"||310.39 mi||north||850.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 1:00 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||NE|
|Buka||Tue 12:00 Noon||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Arawa||Tue 12:00 Noon||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:00 Noon||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Tue 1:00 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Tue 11:00 AM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:00 PM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:00 Noon||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:00 PM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:00 PM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.