Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 2:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 02:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.77 meters/second, 1615.6 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.9"||1003.80 mi||West||0° 11' 36.2"||13.29 mi||North||1003.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 57.7"||793.92 mi||East||4° 31' 03.2"||310.41 mi||North||850.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Tue 12:00 Noon||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Tue 1:00 PM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||NE|
|Kolonia||Tue 1:00 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Tue 12:00 Noon||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:00 PM||1410 km||876 miles||762 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:00 Noon||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:00 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Tue 11:00 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:00 Noon||1636 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:00 PM||2045 km||1271 miles||1104 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.