Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.76 meters/second, 1615.5 kilometres/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||1003.77 mi||West||0° 11' 35.9"||13.28 mi||North||1003.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 49.3"||793.72 mi||East||4° 30' 45.6"||310.07 mi||North||850.47 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Tue 12:24 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Tue 11:24 AM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||WSW|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 12:24 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||SSW|
|Lae||Tue 12:24 PM||947 km||589 miles||512 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:24 PM||1245 km||773 miles||672 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 1:24 PM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:24 PM||1341 km||833 miles||724 nm||NNW|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:24 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:24 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Tue 1:24 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.