Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.75 meters/second, 1615.5 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.9"||1003.74 mi||West||0° 11' 35.5"||13.27 mi||North||1003.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 42.2"||793.56 mi||East||4° 30' 30.7"||309.79 mi||North||850.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 11:44 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:44 AM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:44 AM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 12:44 PM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:44 PM||1329 km||826 miles||717 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 1:44 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Tue 10:44 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||W|
|Darwin||Tue 12:14 PM||2083 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 12:44 PM||2096 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||S|
|Honiara||Tue 1:44 PM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.