Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.72 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.7"||1003.68 mi||west||0° 11' 34.6"||13.26 mi||north||1003.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 28.3"||793.23 mi||east||4° 29' 59.6"||309.20 mi||north||849.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Tue 12:24 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:24 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||NNE|
|Sofifi||Tue 12:24 PM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||WSW|
|Ternate||Tue 12:24 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Tue 12:24 PM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||SW|
|Manado||Tue 11:24 AM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:24 PM||978 km||607 miles||528 nm||ESE|
|General Santos||Tue 11:24 AM||997 km||620 miles||538 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Tue 11:24 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||NW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 11:24 AM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.