Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.72 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.7"||1003.68 mi||west||0° 11' 34.6"||13.26 mi||north||1003.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 28.5"||793.24 mi||east||4° 30' 00.4"||309.21 mi||north||849.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Tue 12:24 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:24 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNE|
|Sofifi||Tue 12:24 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||WSW|
|Ternate||Tue 12:24 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||W|
|Ambon||Tue 12:24 PM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:24 PM||952 km||591 miles||514 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Tue 11:24 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 11:24 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Tue 11:24 AM||1034 km||643 miles||558 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 11:24 AM||1164 km||724 miles||629 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.