Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 4:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 04:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.68 meters/second, 1615.2 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.0"||1003.58 mi||West||0° 11' 33.3"||13.23 mi||North||1003.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 08.7"||792.76 mi||East||4° 29' 14.2"||308.33 mi||North||848.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sangatta||Tue 12:24 PM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||SW|
|Samarinda||Tue 12:24 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||SSW|
|Palu||Tue 12:24 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SSE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 12:24 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||SSW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 12:24 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 12:24 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 12:24 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||NW|
|Mamuju||Tue 12:24 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 12:24 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WNW|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 12:24 PM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.