Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 05:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.64 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.8"||1003.49 mi||West||0° 11' 32.2"||13.21 mi||North||1003.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 52.6"||792.37 mi||East||4° 28' 34.5"||307.57 mi||North||848.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tanjung Pinang||Tue 12:14 PM||305 km||189 miles||165 nm||WSW|
|Singapore||Tue 1:14 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||WSW|
|Johor Bahru||Tue 1:14 PM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||WSW|
|Pontianak||Tue 12:14 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||SE|
|Kuching||Tue 1:14 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||ESE|
|Kuantan||Tue 1:14 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||WNW|
|Pangkal Pinang||Tue 12:14 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||S|
|Malacca City||Tue 1:14 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||W|
|Seremban||Tue 1:14 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||W|
|Jambi||Tue 12:14 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.