Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 1:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 13:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.5"||1002.08 mi||West||0° 11' 18.3"||12.95 mi||North||1002.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 36.3"||788.51 mi||East||4° 20' 54.4"||298.81 mi||North||840.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Freetown||Tue 1:50 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Tue 1:50 PM||780 km||484 miles||421 nm||NE|
|Bo||Tue 1:50 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||ENE|
|Monrovia||Tue 1:50 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||ENE|
|Makeni||Tue 1:50 PM||860 km||535 miles||465 nm||NE|
|Kenema||Tue 1:50 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||ENE|
|Boké||Tue 1:50 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNE|
|Kakata||Tue 1:50 PM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Tue 1:50 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||NNE|
|Koidu||Tue 1:50 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.