Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 3:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 15:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.7"||1001.81 mi||West||0° 11' 16.0"||12.90 mi||North||1001.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 20.9"||787.99 mi||East||4° 19' 40.9"||297.41 mi||North||839.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:04 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 1:04 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||SSE|
|Recife||Tue 12:04 PM||1361 km||845 miles||735 nm||S|
|Belém||Tue 12:04 PM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Tue 2:04 PM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Tue 12:04 PM||1816 km||1128 miles||981 nm||W|
|Salvador||Tue 12:04 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||S|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:04 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||W|
|Dakar||Tue 3:04 PM||2341 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 3:04 PM||2365 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.