Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 15:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 15:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.7"||1001.88 mi||west||0° 11' 16.0"||12.90 mi||north||1001.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 20.7"||788.04 mi||east||4° 19' 39.9"||297.41 mi||north||839.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:04 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SSW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 1:04 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||SSE|
|Recife||Tue 12:04 PM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||S|
|Belém||Tue 12:04 PM||1497 km||930 miles||809 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 12:04 PM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||W|
|Praia||Tue 2:04 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||NE|
|Salvador||Tue 12:04 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||S|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:04 PM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||W|
|Dakar||Tue 3:04 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1278 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 3:04 PM||2392 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.