Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 kilometres/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.9"||1001.74 mi||West||0° 11' 15.4"||12.89 mi||North||1001.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 17.1"||787.85 mi||East||4° 19' 20.9"||297.03 mi||North||839.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:24 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Tue 12:24 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Tue 12:24 PM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||W|
|Recife||Tue 12:24 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:24 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||W|
|Salvador||Tue 12:24 PM||1924 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||S|
|Georgetown||Tue 11:24 AM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||W|
|Praia||Tue 2:24 PM||2233 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||ENE|
|Bridgetown||Tue 11:24 AM||2286 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Tue 11:24 AM||2286 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.