Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 10:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.98 meters/second, 1609.1 kilometres/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.2"||999.76 mi||West||0° 10' 59.5"||12.59 mi||North||999.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 07.8"||784.90 mi||East||4° 11' 20.1"||287.87 mi||North||832.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:48 PM||1087 km||676 miles||587 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:48 PM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 12:48 PM||2566 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:48 AM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:48 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:48 PM||3226 km||2004 miles||1742 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 12:48 PM||3371 km||2095 miles||1820 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 11:48 AM||3617 km||2247 miles||1953 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:48 PM||3926 km||2440 miles||2120 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:48 AM||3934 km||2444 miles||2124 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.