Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.84 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.8"||999.52 mi||west||0° 10' 57.1"||12.54 mi||north||999.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 01.0"||784.57 mi||east||4° 10' 09.2"||286.53 mi||north||831.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:48 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 11:48 AM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 1:48 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:48 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 1:48 PM||2376 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 11:48 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 11:48 AM||2701 km||1678 miles||1458 nm||W|
|Majuro||Wed 11:48 AM||2848 km||1770 miles||1538 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 12:48 PM||2851 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 12:48 PM||2901 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.