Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.73 meters/second, 1608.2 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.2"||999.21 mi||west||0° 10' 55.3"||12.51 mi||north||999.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 56.5"||784.23 mi||east||4° 09' 16.3"||285.51 mi||north||831.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 12:34 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 12:34 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 12:34 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:34 PM||1721 km||1070 miles||929 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:34 PM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:34 PM||1900 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Wed 2:34 PM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 12:34 PM||2244 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:34 PM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 1:34 PM||2489 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.