Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.73 meters/second, 1608.2 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.2"||999.21 mi||west||0° 10' 55.3"||12.51 mi||north||999.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 56.3"||784.23 mi||east||4° 09' 15.0"||285.48 mi||north||831.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 12:34 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 12:34 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 12:34 PM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:34 PM||1727 km||1073 miles||933 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:34 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:34 PM||1929 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Wed 2:34 PM||2206 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 12:34 PM||2216 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:34 PM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 1:34 PM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.