Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 12:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.70 meters/second, 1608.1 kilometres/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.3"||999.14 mi||West||0° 10' 54.7"||12.50 mi||North||999.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 55.2"||784.15 mi||East||4° 08' 59.7"||285.19 mi||North||830.95 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 12:48 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 12:48 PM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 12:48 PM||1187 km||737 miles||641 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 12:48 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:48 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||892 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:48 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 12:48 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:48 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 12:48 PM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 2:48 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.