Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 00:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.70 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.3"||999.14 mi||west||0° 10' 54.7"||12.50 mi||north||999.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 55.2"||784.15 mi||east||4° 08' 59.7"||285.19 mi||north||830.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 12:48 PM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 12:48 PM||1187 km||737 miles||641 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 12:48 PM||1274 km||792 miles||688 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:48 PM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:48 PM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 12:48 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:48 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 12:48 PM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 2:48 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Tue 1:48 PM||2458 km||1528 miles||1327 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.