Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.55 meters/second, 1607.6 km/hour, 998.9 miles/hour or 868.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.8"||998.80 mi||west||0° 10' 52.2"||12.45 mi||north||998.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 49.4"||783.77 mi||east||4° 07' 45.2"||283.77 mi||north||830.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 1:50 PM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:50 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:50 PM||794 km||494 miles||429 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Wed 12:50 PM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:50 PM||1453 km||903 miles||784 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:50 PM||1883 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 12:50 PM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:50 PM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:50 AM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Wed 12:50 PM||2647 km||1645 miles||1429 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.