Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 01:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.55 meters/second, 1607.6 km/hour, 998.9 miles/hour or 868.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.8"||998.86 mi||west||0° 10' 52.2"||12.45 mi||north||998.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 49.3"||783.81 mi||east||4° 07' 43.9"||283.77 mi||north||830.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 1:50 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:50 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:50 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Wed 12:50 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:50 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:50 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 12:50 PM||1914 km||1189 miles||1034 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:50 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:50 AM||2608 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Wed 12:50 PM||2648 km||1646 miles||1430 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.