Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.49 meters/second, 1607.4 km/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.1"||998.66 mi||west||0° 10' 51.1"||12.43 mi||north||998.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 47.4"||783.62 mi||east||4° 07' 16.3"||283.22 mi||north||829.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Wed 1:14 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SE|
|Kolonia||Wed 1:14 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||W|
|Palikir||Wed 1:14 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||W|
|Yaren||Wed 2:14 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Wed 2:14 PM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:14 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:14 PM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Wed 1:14 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:14 PM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:14 PM||2380 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.