Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 3:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 03:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.36 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.4"||998.38 mi||West||0° 10' 49.1"||12.39 mi||North||998.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 43.6"||783.32 mi||East||4° 06' 15.1"||282.05 mi||North||828.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Wed 1:04 PM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Wed 2:04 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||E|
|Kolonia||Wed 2:04 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:04 PM||954 km||592 miles||515 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:04 PM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:04 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||904 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:04 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:04 PM||1919 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:04 PM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:04 PM||2087 km||1296 miles||1127 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.