Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 3:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.31 meters/second, 1606.7 kilometres/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.6"||998.26 mi||West||0° 10' 48.3"||12.37 mi||North||998.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 42.2"||783.20 mi||East||4° 05' 50.4"||281.58 mi||North||828.66 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:24 PM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||N|
|Weno||Wed 1:24 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||E|
|Colonia||Wed 1:24 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||WNW|
|Saipan||Wed 1:24 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:24 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:24 PM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:24 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:24 PM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:24 PM||1779 km||1106 miles||961 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 11:24 AM||2294 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.