Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.31 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.6"||998.26 mi||west||0° 10' 48.3"||12.37 mi||north||998.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 42.2"||783.20 mi||east||4° 05' 50.4"||281.58 mi||north||828.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:24 PM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||N|
|Saipan||Wed 1:24 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:24 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:24 PM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:24 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:24 PM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:24 PM||1779 km||1106 miles||961 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 11:24 AM||2294 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Wed 2:24 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:24 PM||2566 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.