Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 05:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 05:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.93 meters/second, 1605.3 km/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.7"||997.41 mi||west||0° 10' 42.0"||12.25 mi||north||997.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 33.6"||782.35 mi||east||4° 02' 49.4"||278.13 mi||north||826.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Wed 1:48 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 1:48 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||ESE|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 1:48 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||ESE|
|Ho Chi Minh||Wed 12:48 PM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Wed 12:48 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 1:48 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||ESE|
|Kuching||Wed 1:48 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||S|
|Nha Trang||Wed 12:48 PM||597 km||371 miles||323 nm||N|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 1:48 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||E|
|Phnom Penh||Wed 12:48 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.