Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.80 meters/second, 1604.9 kilometres/hour, 997.2 miles/hour or 866.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.9"||997.12 mi||West||0° 10' 39.9"||12.22 mi||North||997.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 31.6"||782.08 mi||East||4° 01' 50.3"||277.01 mi||North||825.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Phuket||Wed 1:34 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NNW|
|Langkawi||Wed 2:34 PM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||SE|
|Kangar||Wed 2:34 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Wed 1:34 PM||173 km||107 miles||93 nm||E|
|Alor Setar||Wed 2:34 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||ESE|
|George Town||Wed 2:34 PM||239 km||149 miles||129 nm||SE|
|Ipoh||Wed 2:34 PM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||SE|
|Medan||Wed 1:34 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||S|
|Kota Bharu||Wed 2:34 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||ESE|
|Banda Aceh||Wed 1:34 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.