Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.59 meters/second, 1604.1 kilometres/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||996.64 mi||West||0° 10' 36.4"||12.15 mi||North||996.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 28.9"||781.64 mi||East||4° 00' 11.2"||275.12 mi||North||824.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kandy||Wed 1:20 PM||15 km||9 miles||8 nm||ENE|
|Kurunegala||Wed 1:20 PM||29 km||18 miles||16 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 1:20 PM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||WSW|
|Colombo||Wed 1:20 PM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||WSW|
|Batticaloa||Wed 1:20 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||ENE|
|Galle||Wed 1:20 PM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||SSW|
|Kalmunai||Wed 1:20 PM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||E|
|Trincomalee||Wed 1:20 PM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|Jaffna||Wed 1:20 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||NNW|
|Madurai||Wed 1:20 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.