Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 09:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.34 meters/second, 1603.2 km/hour, 996.2 miles/hour or 865.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.0"||996.09 mi||West||0° 10' 32.4"||12.07 mi||North||995.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 27.0"||781.17 mi||East||3° 58' 19.8"||273.00 mi||North||823.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Wed 12:14 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Wed 1:14 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||SSW|
|Male||Wed 2:14 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||ESE|
|Mogadishu||Wed 12:14 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Wed 12:14 PM||1758 km||1093 miles||949 nm||WNW|
|Muscat||Wed 1:14 PM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 2:44 PM||1853 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Wed 2:44 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NE|
|Pune||Wed 2:44 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||NE|
|Djibouti||Wed 12:14 PM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.