Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 12:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.74 meters/second, 1601.0 km/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.8"||994.72 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||North||994.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 26.6"||780.08 mi||East||3° 53' 46.9"||267.79 mi||North||820.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jalingo||Wed 1:34 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||NNW|
|Ngaoundéré||Wed 1:34 PM||220 km||136 miles||119 nm||ESE|
|Garoua||Wed 1:34 PM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||NE|
|Bamenda||Wed 1:34 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||SW|
|Makurdi||Wed 1:34 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||W|
|Maroua||Wed 1:34 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NE|
|Maiduguri||Wed 1:34 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNE|
|Bertoua||Wed 1:34 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSE|
|Yaoundé||Wed 1:34 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
|Moundou||Wed 1:34 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.