Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.55 meters/second, 1596.8 kilometres/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.7"||992.05 mi||West||0° 10' 04.0"||11.53 mi||North||991.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 39.5"||778.22 mi||East||3° 45' 08.6"||257.91 mi||North||815.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montería||Wed 1:34 PM||67 km||41 miles||36 nm||SW|
|Cartagena||Wed 1:34 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||N|
|Barranquilla||Wed 1:34 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Medellin||Wed 1:34 PM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||S|
|Bucaramanga||Wed 1:34 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||SE|
|Cúcuta||Wed 1:34 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||ESE|
|Maracaibo||Wed 2:04 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||ENE|
|Manizales||Wed 1:34 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||S|
|Panama||Wed 1:34 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||W|
|Pereira||Wed 1:34 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.