Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.42 meters/second, 1592.7 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||989.53 mi||West||0° 09' 46.4"||11.19 mi||North||989.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 03.6"||776.70 mi||East||3° 37' 09.3"||248.78 mi||North||810.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:48 PM||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 1:48 PM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:48 AM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Wed 1:48 PM||3051 km||1896 miles||1647 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:48 PM||3064 km||1904 miles||1654 nm||SW|
|Midway||Wed 12:48 PM||3381 km||2101 miles||1826 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Thu 1:48 PM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:48 PM||3572 km||2220 miles||1929 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Wed 12:48 PM||3800 km||2361 miles||2052 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:48 AM||3847 km||2390 miles||2077 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.