Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.29 meters/second, 1592.2 km/hour, 989.4 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.49 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||989.22 mi||west||0° 09' 44.1"||11.15 mi||north||989.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 07.3"||776.53 mi||east||3° 36' 11.0"||247.67 mi||north||810.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:24 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:24 PM||1271 km||790 miles||687 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:24 PM||2090 km||1299 miles||1128 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:24 PM||2464 km||1531 miles||1330 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 1:24 PM||2679 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Thu 2:24 PM||2929 km||1820 miles||1581 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:24 PM||3055 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:24 PM||3095 km||1923 miles||1671 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:24 PM||3142 km||1952 miles||1696 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 2:24 PM||3279 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.