Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.29 meters/second, 1592.2 km/hour, 989.4 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||989.23 mi||West||0° 09' 44.3"||11.15 mi||North||989.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 07.1"||776.54 mi||East||3° 36' 12.9"||247.70 mi||North||810.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:24 PM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:24 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:24 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:24 PM||2476 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 1:24 PM||2698 km||1676 miles||1457 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Thu 2:24 PM||2941 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:24 PM||3079 km||1913 miles||1663 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:24 PM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:24 PM||3152 km||1959 miles||1702 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 2:24 PM||3268 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.