Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.25 meters/second, 1592.1 km/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||989.15 mi||West||0° 09' 43.7"||11.14 mi||North||988.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 08.2"||776.49 mi||East||3° 35' 57.1"||247.40 mi||North||810.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:34 PM||1079 km||671 miles||583 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:34 PM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:34 PM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:34 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 1:34 PM||2533 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Thu 2:34 PM||2837 km||1763 miles||1532 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:34 PM||2871 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:34 PM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:34 PM||2907 km||1806 miles||1570 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 1:34 PM||3325 km||2066 miles||1796 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.