Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.84 meters/second, 1590.6 km/hour, 988.4 miles/hour or 858.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.6"||988.22 mi||West||0° 09' 37.1"||11.02 mi||North||988.03 mi|
|24 hours||348° 35' 40.1"||775.99 mi||West||3° 33' 02.4"||244.07 mi||North||808.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 2:24 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:24 PM||1023 km||636 miles||553 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:24 PM||1079 km||671 miles||583 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:24 PM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 1:24 PM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:24 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:24 PM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 3:24 PM||2325 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Thu 1:24 PM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:24 PM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.