Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.80 meters/second, 1590.5 km/hour, 988.3 miles/hour or 858.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.6"||988.14 mi||West||0° 09' 36.6"||11.01 mi||North||987.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 21.0"||775.94 mi||East||3° 32' 46.3"||243.76 mi||North||808.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Thu 2:34 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 2:34 PM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:34 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:34 PM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 1:34 PM||1192 km||740 miles||643 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:34 PM||1225 km||761 miles||662 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:34 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 1:34 PM||2388 km||1484 miles||1289 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:34 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1303 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 3:34 PM||2466 km||1532 miles||1332 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.