Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.77 meters/second, 1590.4 km/hour, 988.2 miles/hour or 858.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.6"||988.05 mi||West||0° 09' 36.0"||11.00 mi||North||987.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 22.0"||775.89 mi||East||3° 32' 30.2"||243.46 mi||North||808.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Thu 2:44 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 2:44 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ESE|
|Kolonia||Thu 1:44 PM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Thu 1:44 PM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:44 PM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||N|
|Yaren||Thu 2:44 PM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:44 PM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:44 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 1:44 PM||2299 km||1429 miles||1241 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:44 PM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.