Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 8:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 08:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.48 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.8"||985.16 mi||West||0° 09' 15.5"||10.61 mi||North||984.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 04.5"||774.44 mi||East||3° 23' 27.7"||233.11 mi||North||803.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trincomalee||Thu 1:44 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||WSW|
|Kalmunai||Thu 1:44 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SW|
|Chennai||Thu 1:44 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||WNW|
|Kandy||Thu 1:44 PM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SW|
|Visakhapatnam||Thu 1:44 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 1:44 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SW|
|Colombo||Thu 1:44 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Madurai||Thu 1:44 PM||886 km||551 miles||478 nm||W|
|Bengaluru||Thu 1:44 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||WNW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Thu 1:44 PM||987 km||614 miles||533 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.