Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.44 meters/second, 1585.6 km/hour, 985.2 miles/hour or 856.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.8"||985.08 mi||West||0° 09' 15.0"||10.60 mi||North||984.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 05.9"||774.40 mi||East||3° 23' 10.8"||232.79 mi||North||803.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trincomalee||Thu 1:54 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||SW|
|Chennai||Thu 1:54 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||WNW|
|Kalmunai||Thu 1:54 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSW|
|Kandy||Thu 1:54 PM||559 km||348 miles||302 nm||SW|
|Madurai||Thu 1:54 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||WSW|
|Kakinada||Thu 1:54 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 1:54 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||SW|
|Colombo||Thu 1:54 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SW|
|Bengaluru||Thu 1:54 PM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||WNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Thu 1:54 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.