Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.40 meters/second, 1585.4 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.7"||984.99 mi||West||0° 09' 14.3"||10.58 mi||North||984.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 07.3"||774.36 mi||East||3° 22' 54.0"||232.47 mi||North||803.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puducherry||Thu 2:04 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||WNW|
|Cuddalore||Thu 2:04 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||WNW|
|Nagapattinam||Thu 2:04 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||WSW|
|Mayiladuthurai||Thu 2:04 PM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||W|
|Kurinjipadi||Thu 2:04 PM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||W|
|Tiruvarur||Thu 2:04 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||WSW|
|Vedaranyam||Thu 2:04 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||SW|
|Viluppuram||Thu 2:04 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||WNW|
|Maraimalai Nagar||Thu 2:04 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NW|
|Urapakkam||Thu 2:04 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.