Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.20 meters/second, 1584.7 km/hour, 984.7 miles/hour or 855.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.7"||984.54 mi||West||0° 09' 11.0"||10.52 mi||North||984.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 14.7"||774.15 mi||East||3° 21' 29.6"||230.86 mi||North||802.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mangaluru||Thu 2:54 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ENE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 2:24 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||SE|
|Mumbai||Thu 2:54 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 2:54 PM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||ESE|
|Pune||Thu 2:54 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Bengaluru||Thu 2:54 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||E|
|Male||Thu 2:24 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||SSE|
|Anantapur||Thu 2:54 PM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Thu 2:54 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||E|
|Surat||Thu 2:54 PM||1140 km||708 miles||616 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.