Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.16 meters/second, 1584.6 km/hour, 984.6 miles/hour or 855.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.6"||984.45 mi||West||0° 09' 10.5"||10.51 mi||North||984.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 16.2"||774.10 mi||East||3° 21' 12.5"||230.53 mi||North||802.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 2:34 PM||884 km||550 miles||478 nm||SE|
|Mangaluru||Thu 3:04 PM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Thu 3:04 PM||1051 km||653 miles||567 nm||NE|
|Pune||Thu 3:04 PM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||NE|
|Male||Thu 2:34 PM||1106 km||687 miles||597 nm||SE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 3:04 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||ESE|
|Bengaluru||Thu 3:04 PM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Thu 3:04 PM||1229 km||763 miles||663 nm||ENE|
|Surat||Thu 3:04 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||NNE|
|Madurai||Thu 3:04 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.